« Back to News & Notices

125 YEARS!

Van Buren purchased it's first section of cast iron water pipe on December 12, 1892, and the construction of the original pumping station at Lee's Creek was near completion.

During the early months of 1893, the pipe installation was completed and for the first time Van Buren residents and business could get fresh drinking water without traveling to the creek!